The chair for Communication Systems and Systems Programming at Ludwig-Maximilian-University (LMU) Munich is seeking a
PhD Candidate / Research Assistant (100% TV-L E13)for work on the DASH project funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) and the German Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF).
- Scientific research, along the lines of the goals of the DASH project, where we develop new approaches for programming high performance computing systems with a focus on data-centric aspects for future generation high performance systems.
- Attend and contribute to national and international events (e.g., project meetings, scientific conferences).
- Interaction with and tutoring of graduate and undergraduate students at LMU Munich in the context of lectures, seminars, master- and bachelor theses.
- Masters degree in Computer Science or a related area (e.g., Applied Mathematics, Bioinformatics, etc.)
- Experience with systems-level programming, Linux/Unix operating systems, data structures, algorithms
- A background in HPC/parallel computing is desirable.
For further information, please feel free to contact Dr. Karl Fürlinger at Tel. +49-(0)89-2180-9172 or Karl.Fuerlinger@nm.ifi.lmu.de.
Please send your postal application using the keyword "DASH" including a CV and a copy of your Bachelor and/or Master certificates to
Prof. Dr. Dieter Kranzlmüller LMU München, Institut für Informatik Oettingenstr. 67. D-80538 Munich GermanyAlternatively, an application via email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF file.
The application Deadline is April 1, 2017